The individual recommended for the scholarship awards should meet these criteria:
1. Any youth that has participated in any approved agricultural class and has been an active volunteer of the current year in his or her respective local county fair. The selection of these youths will be left to the discretion of the local fair.
2. Qualified youth shall be a senior in high school, or in their first year of post-secondary education, but not having reached their 21st birthday by October 1st of the applying year.
3. Youth nomination shall be a resident in the county of the nominating fair.
4. Application requires an essay, written by the applicant on the subject of “Describe how your personal life skills have been enhanced by your involvement in your local fair activities.” There is a 500 word maximum for this essay.
5. Each application must be accompanied by a one page letter of recommendation from the local fair board.
6. One entry per fair.
7. There will be three winners from across the state..
8. Selection of winners will be by judging conducted by the awards committee prior to the annual meeting.
9. Deadline for entries shall be postmarked to: Michael Poynter, 105 Sunset Drive, Hustonville, KY 40437 or email to:
email@example.com. Fair contact will be notified of receipt. If you have any questions, please call or text
Michael at (859) 749-2615 or email the address above by or on October 1st.
10. Winners will receive a $1,500 Cash Scholarship and a plaque.
11. Scholarship may be won only one time.
12. It is recommended that the recipients attend the annual business meeting in January to receive their scholarship.