Our General Membership category is for County Fairs, free-standing horse shows and community events like festivals and fairs who don't participate in Department of Agriculture programs.
Membership in the Kentucky Association of Fairs and Horse Shows is among the lowest cost in the nation--$100. Membership entitles you to:
- A listing in our annual Members and Dates Book
- A listing on our website, kafs.net
- An invitation to join us for the annual convention and trade show
- The ability (with additional fees) to participate in our high points horse show awards program and to compete in exclusive championship classes at the Kentucky State Fair
- The option (KDA qualified with additional fees) to participate in our 4 statewide pageant programs
- Be part of a unified voice, working to improve and grow our county fairs and horse shows across Kentucky
Our Association has worked with horse shows--both county fair and free-standing--for decades in order to create programs aimed at increasing participation. As a Horse Show Member, you are automatically enrolled for both.
The High Points system allows exhibitors to earn points by participating in certain classes at our member shows. At the end of the year, the exhibitors are recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments throughout the year. This means that many of our individual exhibitors are looking each week for our shows or will choose our shows over non-participating shows, increasing your crowds.
Participation in KAFHS shows is the only way to qualify for certain championship classes in the World Championship Horse Show at the Kentucky State Fair. Depending on the breed and discipline, exhibitors must participate in several of our member shows before they can enter those classes.